Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2008/07/01 11:07:06 UTC

Re: Proposal : JSON backed canonical data set

"Louis Ryan" <lr...@google.com> writes:

Sounds nice. What, BTW is a "JSON DB Driver"?

Quick question: If you want to make the JSON example to behave like
coming out of a database (unless I got JSON DB driver wrong), why not
use a database? Just curious.

    Ciao
	Henning

--
Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | J2EE, Linux,
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540  | Apache person

INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH - RG Fuerth, HRB 7350
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Buckenhof. Geschaeftsfuehrer: Henning Schmiedehausen

   "Professor Peach in the library with the lead piping!" -- Donna

Re: Proposal : JSON backed canonical data set

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Louis Ryan" <lr...@google.com> writes:

>Think of a JSON structure like an untyped hierarchical entity DB as opposed
>to a flattened normalized relational one :)

Yep, my internal translator messed up "data base" and "data base
engine". Again. :-) I now understand what is the intention behind
this. Thanks for clarifying.

     Ciao
	Henning

Posted by Louis Ryan <lr...@google.com>.