Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by Sanoran Triamesh <sa...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/09 18:33:12 UTC

New user: Synapse as a Web Application in Tomcat (war)

Hi,
   I new to Synapse. I would like to use it as a 'web application' in an
existing tomcat.Currently I use the axis2.war, and deploy it in tomcat.
   Is Synapse a 'service' inside axis2 ? Is there a list of libraries and
the service so I can create my 'synapse.aar' ?

Thanks
S.

Re: New user: Synapse as a Web Application in Tomcat (war)

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
We have (previously) had a WAR file deployment of Synapse. Because of the
requirements to have a NIO listener, we de-prioritized it. But I'm getting a
distinct impression it would be worth adding back :-)

We'll see what we can do.

Thanks for the feedback

Paul

On 7/10/07, Sanoran Triamesh <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thats what I understand !
>
> On 7/10/07, Punnoose, Roshan <pu...@bah-systems.com> wrote:
> >
> > So is there no way to deploy Synapse in a J2EE container? The reason I
> > ask is that, I want to use Synapse in a production environment, and due
> > to certain restrictions, it has to be deployed on a J2EE app server.
> >
> > Roshan Punnoose

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: New user: Synapse as a Web Application in Tomcat (war)

Posted by Sanoran Triamesh <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thats what I understand !

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roshan,

On 7/11/07, Punnoose, Roshan <pu...@bah-systems.com> wrote:

>  Yeah that sounds fine. I understand about the non-blocking axis ports.
> Thanks for all the help.
>

> Really, I do believe that this is one of the better ESBs out there in the
> market. I really like how lightweight and useful it is. Especially because
> it is only a broker/router and not an endpoint in itself, that is really
> what I believe an ESB should be.

Nice to here that, Thanks for the feedback.

Ruwan.

*Roshan Punnoose*

Ruwan Linton

RE: New user: Synapse as a Web Application in Tomcat (war)

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi Sanoram