Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Silver <si...@darkdesign.eu> on 2009/10/31 20:31:02 UTC

No search results

Hi,

I do not get any search result while using the nutch search engine.
Everything should be configured as described in the various tutorials on
the main nutch website.
The crawls i preform return good results, index are there, db's are
there etc

Nutch:
C:\search\

Nutch Crawl:
C:\search\crawl.01a

Nutch/Tomcat:
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\nutch-1.0\

Nutch-site.xml:
<configuration>
  <property>
    <name>searcher.dir</name>
    <value>C:\search\crawl.01a\ </value>
  </property>
</configuration>

What's wrong?

Cheers,
Paul

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4561 (20091031) __________

http://www.eset.com

Re: No search results

Posted by Webmaster <we...@darkdesign.eu>.
Hi thanks for responding.

Tomcat is working just like it should so it the crawl.
I am not connecting to my search DB to seems to be the problem.
Cause i get 0 results out of 0 and that is impossible cause there should
be crawl data.

Was thinking i did something wrong with the nutch-site.xml from the
webapp\WEB-INF\ dir
maybe use / instead of \ in the files path's?

cheers,

Re: No search results

Posted by Brian Wolf <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: No search results

Posted by John Whelan <jo...@whelanlabs.com>.
By any chance is your WAR file (used for the web server) from a slightly
different version of Nutch than your crawler? I have seen that this results
in the Nutch page showing up, but no results are listed. Another possibility
is that you are not launching your search engine from the correct directory;
I believe that you are supposed to launch it from the parent directory of
you crawler results directory.