Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/18 14:58:36 UTC

DeployManager in G-Jetty says "No configurer for module type: war registered"

I am calling below code from within PlanCreator:
        DeploymentFactory factory = new DeploymentFactoryWithKernel(
PortletManager.getKernel());
        DeploymentManager deploymentManager =
factory.getDeploymentManager("deployer:geronimo:inVM",
null, null);
        DeploymentConfiguration deploymentConfiguration =
deploymentManager.createConfiguration(webDeployable);

And this is failing in Geronimo-Jetty by saying (the same code however works
in Geronimo-Tomcat):
    ERROR [DisplayPlanHandler] No configurer for module type: war registered
    javax.enterprise.deploy.spi.exceptions.InvalidModuleException: No
configurer for module type: war registered
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.jmx.JMXDeploymentManager.createConfiguration
(JMXDeploymentManager.java:311)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.console.configcreator.JSR88_Util.createDeploymentPlan
(JSR88_Util.java:300)

Am I missing some configuration?

Shiva

Re: DeployManager in G-Jetty says "No configurer for module type: war registered"

Posted by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com>.
Summarizing IRC discussion with DJencks below:

1) In extracted server: var/config/jsr88-configurer-config.xml lists a bunch
of modules including <module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs
/jsr88-war-configurer/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car"/>

2) In source tree: \plugins\j2ee\jsr88-war-configurer's plan.xml - it only
has one GBean <gbean name="WARConfigurer" class="
org.apache.geronimo.web.deployment.WARConfigurer"/>

3) tomcat6-deployer's plan.xml has <gbean name="Tomcat6WARConfigurer"
class="org.apache.geronimo.web.deployment.WARConfigurer"/>

4) However jetty6-deployer's plan.xml doesn't have that WARConfigurer gbean,
and that is the missing configuration.

Shiva

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.