Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2017/10/26 19:46:49 UTC

Make geronimo/xbean config a JSR-382 impl?

Hi folks!
The EG started working on JSR-382.It seems that it will be based on the MicroProfile work.We did just rename a few things back to javax.config.Funnily that's where it all started in early 2016 over here at Geronimo :)
So I would love to start a 'javaConfig10' feature branch on the config project.Any objection?
LieGrue,strub

Re: Make geronimo/xbean config a JSR-382 impl?

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
yes, it has no effect on the users.
Currently there are not many new features planned for MP-config.But we are discussing 2 new features in the ConfigJSR.So I assume that javax.config will have more features for now.

LieGrue,strub

    On Friday, 27 October 2017, 21:54:58 GMT+2, Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Hmm, would work and be saner that what i had in mind.

In term of which one wraps the other I'm tempted to say javax.* will
move slower than MP so I'd impl javax.* with MP but no strong
opposition on the other side for now, doesn't impact the user anyway,
right?

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau |  Blog | Old Blog | Github | LinkedIn

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark,

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hmm,

which source do you speak about - I'm confused by "xbean" part?

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/components/config/trunk/ ?
it is exactly that from the source and meta in the pom so not sure you
even need to ask ;)