Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Sebastien <se...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/06 17:22:47 UTC

Wicket CDI and Asynchronous (and Websockets)

Dear all,

In a usecase I've explained in a recent discussion [1], I would like to
enhance it a little to finally obtain:

1/ An ajax button that launch 2/
2/ A CDI injected EJB that executes an *asynchronous* time consuming
operation
3/ Getting back to the wicket side to complete the ajax operation.
4/ A listener that has been provided to the EJB which, when events are
fired, retrieve websockets information from the wicket Session (previously
stored) and send a notification to the UI/user trough the websocket.

For me, that's a very nice usecase: Imagine the user clicks on a button for
a long running operation, then he continues using the site, navigate
between pages etc... and is notified from time to time on the progress of
the operation through websockets...

I can make work either 3/ or 4/ but not both in conjunction, I get this
(now famous) error:
*There is no application attached to current thread EJB default*

I unfortunately have to say I am not a CDI expert, and there is a lot of
XxxScoped possible annotation, I tried all possible combination that would
be logical IMO regarding the doc, read everything I could, but now I'm
stuck... I am almost sure this is feasible, but maybe not as so easy as it
seems....

I've prepared a concrete quickstart [2], it just need to be compiled and
deployed in WidlyFly (JBoss 8), due to the websockets...

I know I am asking for a real favor but I would be very thankful to the
person(s) who would be able to make it work! I will leave the quickstart in
my github's repo so any other user whiling to achieve the same usecase
would already have a starting point...

Thanks a lot in advance,
Sebastien.

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/wicket-dev/201410.mbox/%3CCAAJwaYWCTTQDmu2pg3K=QyVGVHujGNDAYtJUBC8sN+7Fz-DbOg@mail.gmail.com%3E
[2] https://github.com/sebfz1/wicket-quickstart-cdi-async

Re: Wicket CDI and Asynchronous (and Websockets)

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I'll explain the problem soon.

Martin Grigorov