Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Lyuba Romanchuk <ly...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/19 15:27:01 UTC

[Solr 4.2.1] LotsOfCores - Can't query cores with loadOnStartup="true" and transient="true"

Hi,

It seems like in order to query transient cores they must be defined with
loadOnStartup="false".

I define one core loadOnStartup="true" and transient="false", and another
cores to be  loadOnStartup="true" and transient="true", and
transientCacheSize=Integer.MAX_VALUE.

In this case CoreContainer.dynamicDescriptors will be empty and then
CoreContainer.getCoreFromAnyList(String) and CoreContainer.getCore(String)
returns null for all transient cores.

I looked at the code of 4.3.0 and it doesn't seem that the flow was
changed, the core is added only if it's not loaded on start up.

Could you please assist with this issue?

Best regards,
Lyuba

Re: [Solr 4.2.1] LotsOfCores - Can't query cores with loadOnStartup="true" and transient="true"

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, I saw that and assigned it to myself. On the original form
when you create the issue, there's an "assign to" entry field, but I
don't know whether you see the same thing....

Best
Erick

Posted by Lyuba Romanchuk <ly...@gmail.com>.
Hi Erick,