Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Alex Novik <al...@ukr.net> on 2006/12/29 21:22:26 UTC

Re[2]: Better way for use lucene search in ejb

Hi, Grant.

Main (first) question is:
Improve performance of search in J2EE app.

Problems:
 1. In EJB container I can't start Thread.
 2. If i use RMI call from EJB container to Lucene app with binds RemoteSearch - perfomance ten times more then simple Java application.
 (sample)
	LocateRegistry.createRegistry(1099);
	Searcher parallelSearcher = new ParallelMultiSearcher(searchables);
	RemoteSearchable parallelImpl = new RemoteSearchable(parallelSearcher);
	Naming.rebind("//localhost/multi_searcher", parallelImpl);

contingencies:
 - Server works with java 1.4.
 - Many ( > 100) call for each client.
 - Index less then 10000 documents.
 - Index changed very rare.
 - can't use MBean as JBoss.
 - can't use java 1.5

Second question:
  Can i use ParallelMultiSearcher(searchables) in JCA 1.0 as Singleton object for all clients.

> Hi Alex,

> This seems like a pretty small setup, so I think we may need some
> more info.  I don't know a lot about EJBs, but what I wonder is if
> your bean is opening an Index Searcher for every connection.  Perhaps
> you could describe your architecture a little bit more and that will
> help us figure out what is going on?

> I wouldn't think you would need RMI or anything like that.

> -Grant

> On Dec 24, 2006, at 9:34 AM, Alex Novik wrote:

>> I try to use lucene search in j2ee server (generic).
>>
>> Problem - improve performance.
>>
>> - Server works with java 1.4.
>> - Many ( > 100) call for each client.
>> - Index less then 10000 documents.
>> - Index changed very rare.
>> - can't use MBean as JBoss.
>> - can't use java 1.5
>>
>> 1. If use RemoteSearchable and RMI call - degradation of performance.
>> 2. JCA Connector lucenerar - create IndexReader for each client and
>> don't use connection pool.
>>
>> I think better way use RAMDirectory as singleton object in connector.
>>
>> What is the best way to use lucene search in ejb and improve
>> performance?
>>
>> Thanks so much for any help you can give me.
>> Alex.

> Grant Ingersoll
> Center for Natural Language Processing
> http://www.cnlp.org