Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Dave Rodgman <da...@arm.com> on 2004/10/11 10:22:08 UTC

bug: 4096 byte limit on hook script output

Hi,

There appears to be a 4096 byte limit on the output of hook scripts: if
a hook script tries to output more than this then the commit hangs,
apparently indefinitely.

Server version is 1.0.6 (r10360).

dave

Re: bug: 4096 byte limit on hook script output

Posted by Tobias Ringström <to...@ringstrom.mine.nu>.
C. Michael Pilato wrote:

>Hrm.  Sounds like a flow control issue.

Sort of. It's actually a wait-for-exit-and-then-read-stderr issue. :-)
It needs to be fixed.

An issue would be most welcome (assuming that we don't have one already).

/Tobias

Re: bug: 4096 byte limit on hook script output

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.