Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Woodchuck <wo...@yahoo.com> on 2005/07/05 19:54:38 UTC

obscure tomcat 5.5 text file display bug?

hihi all,

i'm having an obscure problem relating to the display of regular plain
.txt files hosted withing Tomcat.

on Tomcat 4.1 links to .txt files would diplay within the browser and
the text files would preserve the text formatting (ie. spaces)
*because* the text file contents would be displayed in plain text font
(ie. fixed-width font)

however in Tomcat 5.5 links to the same .txt files would also display
within the browser, but the formatting is stripped because the text
file contents are being displayed in a non-fixed width font (looks like
courier true type) and all the spaces are stripped away.

i'm using the same browser to test.  and the only difference is the
Tomcat version difference.

does anyone know why this is happening?  and more importantly how to
fix it so that .txt files are displayed using fixed-width fonts in
Tomcat 5.5?  (i suspect it's the way Tomcat is telling the browser what
type of file it's sending back... some kind of header info.. but i'm
not sure how to go about debugging this)

thx in advance,
woodchuck

Removing applications

Posted by Peter Verhoye <pe...@synergetic-solutions.be>.
Hi there,

I use tomcat 4.1.31 and have a problem removing applications using the
manager tool. Most of the times when I click on remove, the war file or
the exploded directory are still there and sometimes even both.

Anyone experiencing the same? Any solution to this?

Next to this, for reason beyond the scope of this life *grin*, the
applications we use have no context file. We added them to the
server.xml file. Now, since I'm fairly inexperienced myself, what is
better? Having a context file or adding them to the server.xml?

Thanks!!

BB
Peter

RE: obscure tomcat 5.5 text file display bug? [Bugzilla candidate?]

Posted by GB Developer <gb...@globallyboundless.com>.
Indeed, thanks Jon.

Posted by Woodchuck <wo...@yahoo.com>.
awesome!  thanks, Jon!