Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ratnakar Palle <rp...@cisco.com> on 2001/11/20 17:43:01 UTC

Tomcat4.0 as NT Service

Hi All,

I've a quick question. I was successful in running the Tomcat 3.x as NT
Service using jk_nt_service.exe.
Do we've something similar for Tomcat4.x?

Thanks in advance,
-Ratnakar

mod_webapp and NetBSD

Posted by Robert Schmid <al...@raptor.net>.
I've got Tomcat running on a macppc NetBSD 1.5Y box with Linux emulation.
However, when I try to run apache with mod_webapp.so I get
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_webapp.so into server:
/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_webapp.so: Unsupported relocation type 10 in
non-PLT relocations
I have found only one vague reference to this and no usable answer. It has
something to do with non-PIC code being linked to a shared library.  Can
anyone help me?

Re: Tomcat 4.0.1 & Webapp Module

Posted by Gerard van Enk <ge...@eo.nl>.
Matt Sales wrote:

> Hello,
> I am upgrading from JServ to Tomcat 4.0.1 on RH Linux 7.2 with Apache
> 1.3.22.  Under JServ, I relied heavily upon JSSI.  Now, I'm migrating the
> .jhtml files to .jsp.  However, with mod_webapp, it seems I can only map
> _directory paths_ to servlets, not _file extensions_.  With JServ--or even
> tomcat 3.2.x-- you could map specific file extensions to be handled by the
> servlet engine using mod_jserv or mod_jk (i.e., ApJServAction and ApJkMount
> directives).  In the Tomcat 4.0.1 documentation I see no mention of
> mod_jserv (understandably) or mod_jk, and mod_webapp does not seem to be
> capable of routing of document requests to Tomcat from Apache on a
> file-by-file basis.  Am I missing the point on mod_webapp?  It doesn't seem
> like a very capable replacement for mod_jk (or mod_jserv).  Is it possible
> to integrate mod_jk into Tomcat 4.0.1?  How else could I parse .jsp files
> from a directory under apache rather than a webapp directory?

As far as I understand it, mod_webapp maps a complete web application
(so the context path, eg /bla). If the settings for the web application
are ok, mod_webapp will use these.
At this moment it isn't possible to let apache handle static-resources,
the whole web application is served by tomcat.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong....

Gerard

Tomcat 4.0.1 & Webapp Module

Posted by Matt Sales <sa...@sealsco.com>.
Hello,
[...]