Posted to wsrp4j-dev@portals.apache.org by Ning Zhang <nz...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2006/07/17 05:05:23 UTC

回复: Re: 回复: RE: build.xml query

Jack Park <ja...@thinkalong.com> 写道:  Interesting. I didn't receive Tali Garsiel's post or I might have
commented sooner.

I'm not that used to building with maven, so I hide behind some veil of
ignorance, but I downloaded pluto, which builds with maven, and it had a
build.xml.

Nevertheless, the instructions at wsrp4j website say explicitly to type
"maven build" and doing so gets an error message that there is no build
task for maven. This strongly suggests to this "newbe" maven user that
something is missing.
I am completely amazed to learn that I need maven 2. Here is a precise
quote from the apache site regarding prerequisites:
> 1. JDK 1.5.0 or higher
> 2. Subversion Client
> 3. Maven 1.0.2
> 4. Tomcat 5.5, although other versions may work

The original complaint was based entirely on the instructions found on
the web. Can't do anything more thorough than that.

So, we take the hint supplied below and install maven 2.
Guess what:
mvn build doesn't work, and I have no instructions that suggest what the
proper target is for maven 2.

Keep in mind the readme.txt supplied from SVN says this:
> - Run Maven:
> $ maven
>
> Goal description:
>
> $ maven
> or
> $ maven build
> Build jars and wars

Taking a hint from below, I used google and a few other tricks,
downloaded maven 2, and tried: (note: mvn build did not work at all)

> mvn compile

I now get the following error message:
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
>

> Project ID: org.apache.maven:maven-project
>
> Reason: Error getting POM for 'org.apache.maven:maven-project' from the reposito
> ry: Error transferring file
> org.apache.maven:maven-project:pom:2.0
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
> central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
> apache.snapshots (http://svn.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository),
> snapshots (http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2)

Perhaps mvn compile is not the right target. There was an email found on
the web [1] that suggested a "maven.xml" file. Maybe that's what we are
missing? Or is there a specific mvn target that nobody has documented yet?

>From a different mailing list (google rocks!) [2], I found the hint
"mvn install". That got further along the line, then failed:
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
>

> Project ID: null:plexus-utils:jar:1.1
>
> Reason: Cannot find parent: org.codehaus.plexus:plexus for project: null:plexus-
> utils:jar:1.1

Are there any instructions for maven 2 on wsrp4j? Wouldn't it have been
appropriate to leave the build.xml around for backward compatibility
until the documents properly reflect maven 2?

Many thanks
Jack
[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/portals-wsrp4j-dev/200508.mbox/%3C20050830232627.4234.qmail@minotaur.apache.org%3E
[2] http://www.nabble.com/Installation-guidelines-t1695639.html

Ning Zhang wrote:
> I have the same question, is there any detailed document about how to
> install and deploy WSRP4J using maven 2? Thank you!
>
> */Tali Garsiel /* 写道:
>
> I don't think maven uses build.xml.
>
> What is the complaint?
>
> WSRP4J is now built with maven 2 which has different targets then maven
> 1 - is that the problem?

赶快注册雅虎超大容量免费邮箱?
http://cn.mail.yahoo.com