Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Gyula Fóra <gy...@gmail.com> on 2023/02/15 15:09:45 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Flink Kubernetes Operator Release 1.4.0, release candidate #1

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #1 for the version 1.4.0 of
Apache Flink Kubernetes Operator,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

**Release Overview**

As an overview, the release consists of the following:
a) Kubernetes Operator canonical source distribution (including the
Dockerfile), to be deployed to the release repository at dist.apache.org
b) Kubernetes Operator Helm Chart to be deployed to the release repository
at dist.apache.org
c) Maven artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository
d) Docker image to be pushed to dockerhub

**Staging Areas to Review**

The staging areas containing the above mentioned artifacts are as follows,
for your review:
* All artifacts for a,b) can be found in the corresponding dev repository
at dist.apache.org [1]
* All artifacts for c) can be found at the Apache Nexus Repository [2]
* The docker image for d) is staged on github [3]

All artifacts are signed with the key 21F06303B87DAFF1 [4]

Other links for your review:
* JIRA release notes [5]
* source code tag "release-1.4.0-rc1" [6]
* PR to update the website Downloads page to include Kubernetes Operator
links [7]

**Vote Duration**

The voting time will run for at least 72 hours.
It is adopted by majority approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

**Note on Verification**

You can follow the basic verification guide here[8].
Note that you don't need to verify everything yourself, but please make
note of what you have tested together with your +- vote.

Cheers!
Gyula Fora

[1]
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-kubernetes-operator-1.4.0-rc1/
[2] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1582/
[3] ghcr.io/apache/flink-kubernetes-operator:7fc23a1
[4] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/KEYS
[5]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12352604&projectId=12315522
[6]
https://github.com/apache/flink-kubernetes-operator/tree/release-1.4.0-rc1
[7] https://github.com/apache/flink-web/pull/608
[8]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Verifying+a+Flink+Kubernetes+Operator+Release

Re: [VOTE] Apache Flink Kubernetes Operator Release 1.4.0, release candidate #1

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

1. Downloaded the archives, checksums, and signatures
2. Verified the signatures and checksums
3. Extract and inspect the source code for binaries
4. Compiled and tested the source code via mvn verify
5. Verified license files / headers
6. Deployed helm chart to test cluster
7. Ran example job

Thanks for preparing the release!

-Max

Posted by Gyula Fóra <gy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gyula Fóra <gy...@gmail.com>.
Thank you everyone, closing this vote now!

Gyula

Posted by Matt Wang <wa...@163.com>.
Thank you, Gyula.

4. Helm repo install from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-kubernetes-operator-1.4.0-rc1/

Posted by Márton Balassi <ba...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, Gyula.

Posted by Gyula Fóra <gy...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Peter Huang <hu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jim Busche <jb...@us.ibm.com>.
Thanks Gyula for the release.

+1 (non-binding)

I tested the following:

  *   Helm repo install from flink-kubernetes-operator-1.4.0-helm.tgz
  *   Podman Dockerfile build from source, looked good.
  *   Twistlock security scans of proposed image looks good.  No currently known vulnerabilities with the built image or ghcr.io/apache/flink-kubernetes-operator:7fc23a1