Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Josh Soref <js...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/14 00:10:24 UTC

Enhancing serve

‎Right now, serve has a bunch of shortcomings.

I don't want someone to just merge these changes, I'd like some input on them:
https://github.com/jsoref/cordova-cli/commits/serve_work

I have two commits floating around my repositories which add additional dependencies. What is the general rule for whether to add such things? (The other one is to improve the error reporting for JSON files, which today is abysmal.)

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Bell network.

Re: Enhancing serve

Posted by Braden Shepherdson <br...@chromium.org>.
Generally speaking, adding new dependencies is fine, so long as they aren't
too extensive. A markdown parser and friendlier JSON parsing are probably
fine to add, since they're not going to be adding five megs and a dozen
transitive deps.

Those changes look fine to me. Do we have a use-case for exposing the
$PROJECT/plugins directory? That made me hesitate a bit, though since serve
is used for development I don't think it's a problem to be exposing them.

Braden