Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2009/04/25 20:32:55 UTC

backHome and backLast not secured

Is it normal that the backHome and backLast are  not securised ?

<request-map uri="backHome">
<response name="success" type="view-home"/>
</request-map>
<request-map uri="backLast">
<response name="success" type="view-last"/>
</request-map>

Jacques

Re: backHome and backLast not secured

Posted by Nicolas <ma...@librenberry.net>.
Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
> Also as David pointed out, they should be used only with requests
> using https since now they are always secured. So they are ok for
> backend (is there any exceptions in backend where we dont secure URIs
> ?) but not for eCommerce for instance. We could have also the pair not
> secured for these cases, like backHomeS and backLastS for these one
> and backHome and backLast for the non secured pair. Then al this could
> be set in common-controller. Though beware, some links are secured in
> eCommerce too, like checking out for instance...
I vote for that, just find a good generic name for uri

Nicolas

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
Hi David,

many screens in the party manager have a 'back' button which uses this
request. One can discuss if this button is required...however if used, i
do not see anything wrong with this generic request.

i another mail i ask you to give reasons for this statement.

Regards,
Hans

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "David E Jones" <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>

> On Apr 28, 2009, at 12:53 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
>> Also as David pointed out, they should be used only with requests  using https since now they are always secured.
>
> Actually no, I didn't say that, I said: "Along with that, they should  require https or not depending on the other requests they
> are working  with." You can see that quote below. In general if you re-read what I  wrote I was recommending against having such
> generic requests and  using some specific to the set of screens being created.

I understood what you said, but I don't understand why. What are we missing ?
Hans introduced this functionnality at r758522. He wrote
<<5. added 'save-home' and save 'current' in the same pattern as 'save-last' function in the controler.xml
6. added 'view-home' in the same pattern as 'view-last'>>

I see 'view-home' as a fast-reward (I mean like back to 1st page if you prefer).

Are you afraid that if people use several process (browsers's tabs or windows) they could mix their "home" (1st page) and end in odd
results. Actually this may happen but apart that I don't see any other problems.

Jacques

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

From: "Hans Bakker" <ma...@antwebsystems.com>

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.

Posted by Malin Nicolas <ma...@librenberry.net>.

--
Nicolas MALIN
Consultant

Re: backHome and backLast not secured

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
an explanation WHY not use generically would help a lot....

remember, these requests simply display an already displayed view again
without any processing.

Hans

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Where do these come from?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Hans,

OK, I just noticed that we were switching from https to http in backend, this is pretty rare (actually it's the only case I know,
but I may miss others) that's why.

BTW we hve a problem with r768643 and r768644 since (at least) backHome is used in many places

Jacques

From: "Hans Bakker" <ma...@antwebsystems.com>