Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk> on 2007/12/14 18:58:15 UTC

Re: [Axis2] Displaying the Service Information on the GET request

Hi Ruwan,

This is certainly a good feature if you can add. But I can remember
XFire was doing something similar to this. This is how it worked, IIRC.

If you have a service (say Foo) with only one operation (bar) , then
when you invoke the service (without the operation name), then that
request goes to the only operation. Meaning both
http://<host>:<port>/axis2/services/Foo and
http://<host>:<port>/axis2/services/Foo/bar are the same.

If this bar operation adheres to IRI style (please check IRI style in
WSDL 2.0 spec), then doing a GET operation on this service should invoke
bar operation in a RESTful manner (oops, POX over HTTP).

So if you implement GET request to return the service description, then
there might be conflict. If you just invoke the operation with
http://<host>:<port>/axis2/services/Foo, then axis2 will send the famous
operation not found error. I know the above feature is not implemented.
, but that is something cool I saw in XFire.

This is just a suggestion and noway this should be considered as an
objection to your initial proposal. A small disclaimer ;)

Thanks,
Chinthaka

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Great, +1 from me.

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Asankha,

See my comments in-line,

On Dec 18, 2007 4:34 PM, Asankha C. Perera <as...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Ruwan
> > I prefer the nhttp.properties file since this is completely on the
> > (http) transport level and an entry named "get_on_service" having
> > values "wsdl", "info" ... etc.
> I prefer to keep axis2 configuration of transports in the axis2.xml's
> transport listener/sender configs.. and nhttp.properties to only
> configure advanced options only specific to NIO

So will add this as a parameter to the axis2.xml

> > (we can add more to this once there are more filters like what
> > Chinthaka suggested, but I don't think displaying policy and schema is
> > useful even though we can have them too)
> Lets keep this for later.. I don't think these would be useful anyway
> for this..

yeah, agreed.

Thanks,
Ruwan

> asankha

Ruwan Linton

Re: [Axis2] Displaying the Service Information on the GET request

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Ruwan

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
synapse-devs,

Extending this discussion, we need to figure out the position to place the
configuration point in order to configure the behavior of the GET request
over the service path.

I prefer the nhttp.properties file since this is completely on the (http)
transport level and an entry named "get_on_service" having values "wsdl",
"info" ... etc. (we can add more to this once there are more filters like
what Chinthaka suggested, but I don't think displaying policy and schema is
useful even though we can have them too)

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Ruwan

Posted by ru...@gmail.com.