Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Raphael Bircher <rb...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/31 02:27:21 UTC

Question about release vote

Hi all,

Normally a vote for a release is open for 72 hours. If we don't get enough
vote to (less than 3 buindings) in this time do we simply extend the vote,
or do we cancel it?

Regards, Raphael

Re: Question about release vote

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Raphael,

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 10:53 PM Raphael Bircher <rb...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Justin
>
> Am .05.2017, 04:38 Uhr, schrieb Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> >> Normally a vote for a release is open for 72 hours. If we don't get
> >> enough vote to (less than 3 buindings) in this time do we simply extend
> >> the vote, or do we cancel it?
> >
> > It’s a minimum of 72 hours it stays open until you get enough votes. No
> > need to cancel it.
>
> Thank you! So I made an error to told the weex peoples to start a new
> vote. I'm sorry for that. But now with my vote, the release should pass. I
> think the second vote on RC4 we can cancel.

No Problem! I think they had already counted your vote from the first
thread and lit up some fireworks, so they were all set.

Posted by Raphael Bircher <rb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Normally a vote for a release is open for 72 hours. If we don't get enough vote to (less than 3 buindings) in this time do we simply extend the vote, or do we cancel it?

It’s a minimum of 72 hours it stays open until you get enough votes. No need to cancel it.

Thanks,
Justin