Posted to user@metron.apache.org by Hema malini <nh...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/05 12:40:16 UTC

Elastic search in metron

Hi all,

Does Metron is specific to Elastic search version 5.6 . Can I upgrade the
Elastic search.

Thanks and Regards,
Hema

Re: Elastic search in metron

Posted by Hema malini <nh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks will try in test environment as it is not officially supported

On Thu, 5 Mar, 2020, 7:33 PM , <tw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can and I’ve done it in my development cluster. However it’s not
> supported per documentation of hcp for metron up to version 0.7.1
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Mar 5, 2020, at 7:41 AM, Hema malini <nh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > Hi all,
> >
> > Does Metron is specific to Elastic search version 5.6 . Can I upgrade
> the Elastic search.
> >
> > Thanks and Regards,
> > Hema

Re: Elastic search in metron

Posted by tw...@gmail.com.

Re: Elastic search in metron

Posted by Vladimir Mikhailov <v....@content-media.ru>.
There are no special steps in Metron for upgrading to Open Distro.
You can upgrade your ES cluster in the usual way through snapshots and then just specify new OpenDistro nodes names in Metron index settings.

You may encounter some changes in working with ES, such as removal of mapping types (https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/master/removal-of-types.html), but this is due to ES version upgrade and not related to Metron.

Re: Elastic search in metron

Posted by Michael Miklavcic <mi...@gmail.com>.
The community would surely appreciate this contribution. If you're pressed
for time, even a Jira with the documented steps outlined in the description
could be useful for someone else that wants to pick it up and formalize
some documentation or a migration script.

Re: Elastic search in metron

Posted by Farrukh Naveed Anjum <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Elastic search in metron