Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Dang Quoc Bao (FHO.FSB)" <Ba...@fsoft.com.vn> on 2015/12/01 10:06:15 UTC

Whether or not Server can be handled

Hi everyone!
I'm researching about Jmeter, and I'm working with Load Testing.
And now, I'm facing an issue, so can someone tell me:" How to know a website can be handled the load with concurrent users inputed?"
Please help me.
Thanks you very much

Best Regards
Dang Quoc Bao

Re: Whether or not Server can be handled

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
Your question is very broad , so it is difficult to answer.

Usually what people mean by a website can "handle the load" is
a. The pages are not throwing errors when the users are accessing them
b. The pages are responding within a defined response time  (which will
vary by type of page)
c. Sometimes you also have defined server parameters that you want to meet
(e.g. CPU usage should be less than or memory should be less than a defined
value)
You may have more criteria on what you mean by "handle the load"

Once you have defined  the above,  in JMeter
a. To check if the pages are working fine , you need assertions in your test
b. Response time is the  server side +network response time in JMeter .You
can estimate browser response times using this value . Its important to
understand what Jmeter is telling you v/s your expectations.
c. This is typically done external to JMeter.

Its somewhat rare (in my experience) to just have a requirement does the
website handle a load for 100 concurrent users. You usually have variations
of
a. How does the site handle load for differing number of concurrent users
(say 1 , 10, 50, 100)
b. What combination of operations are distributed among those users (e.g.
20% buying , 40% searching , 40% browsing)
c. Specific peak scenarios (e.g. Cyber Monday!)
so even when you say concurrent users you need it specified

regards
deepak

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 1:06 AM, Dang Quoc Bao (FHO.FSB) <BaoDQ1@fsoft.com.vn