Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cy...@pcotech.fr> on 2005/03/09 12:05:53 UTC

[ProjectInfo Plugin] Action layout no more taken into account...

Hi,

    With the new plug in Project Info, we lost the ability to layout
actions description.
    I used - for instance - unordered list tag : <ul><li>... to clarify
some complex actions in my History of modification and these kind of
tags are now no more taken into account by the plug in...

    Is it definitive ?

Cyriaque,

Re: [ProjectInfo Plugin] Action layout no more taken into account...

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:

>    I don't explain this strange behavior, our problem is that no DTD
> controls the status.xml...

Yes. This is something that needs to be sorted out now that we have the
projectInfo plugin.

Ross

Re: [ProjectInfo Plugin] Action layout no more taken into account...

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
>
>>Ok, Ross,
>>
>>   I was wrong once again, I was not looking in the good direction...
>>   In fact, my status.xml declared a <section> before the <changes> tag.
>>   (I use this section to describe - in my history of modification -
>>the rules I apply to choose the next version of my site (3 digits
>>version...))
>>   When I realized this, I moved the section inside the <changes> tag
>>and it's Ok now.
>>
>>   I don't explain this strange behavior, our problem is that no DTD
>>controls the status.xml...
>

> Yes, forrest-0.7-dev can now. Sjur supplied one recently.
> For your old project status.xml you can add the declaration ...
>
> <!DOCTYPE status PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD Status V1.3//EN" "status-v13.dtd">

Of course, I forgot about that.

> Folks, should we add that to the default status.xml in the "seed site"?

+1

Ross

Re: [ProjectInfo Plugin] Action layout no more taken into account...

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> Ok, Ross,
>
>    I was wrong once again, I was not looking in the good direction...
>    In fact, my status.xml declared a <section> before the <changes> tag.
>    (I use this section to describe - in my history of modification -
> the rules I apply to choose the next version of my site (3 digits
> version...))
>    When I realized this, I moved the section inside the <changes> tag
> and it's Ok now.
>
>    I don't explain this strange behavior, our problem is that no DTD
> controls the status.xml...

Yes, forrest-0.7-dev can now. Sjur supplied one recently.
For your old project status.xml you can add the declaration ...

<!DOCTYPE status PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD Status V1.3//EN" "status-v13.dtd">

It is already registered in the Forrest core catalogs,
so XML editors can use it out-of-the box.

Folks, should we add that to the default status.xml in the "seed site"?

--David

Re: [ProjectInfo Plugin] Action layout no more taken into account...

Posted by Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cy...@pcotech.fr>.
Ok, Ross,

    I was wrong once again, I was not looking in the good direction...
    In fact, my status.xml declared a <section> before the <changes> tag.
    (I use this section to describe - in my history of modification -
the rules I apply to choose the next version of my site (3 digits
version...))
    When I realized this, I moved the section inside the <changes> tag
and it's Ok now.

    I don't explain this strange behavior, our problem is that no DTD
controls the status.xml...

Thanks,
Cyriaque,

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cy...@pcotech.fr>.
I updated these style sheets :

$FORREST_HOME/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.projectInfo/resources/stylesheets/changes2document.xsl
and
$FORREST_HOME/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.projectInfo/resources/stylesheets/todo2document.xsl

Cordialement,
Cyriaque,

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cy...@pcotech.fr>.
Hi,

    I think that there is a problem with ant local-deploy target :

    * I had the ProjectInfo plug in which was generating well my pages,
    * I changed a few things in a style sheet and make a local-deploy to
      take them into account,
    * The layout - <ul><li>... in my actions are lost.
    * Then I get back the original file and make a local-deploy again,
    * The layout - <ul><li>... in my actions are still lost.

    Is there something I did not understand ?

Regards,
Cyriaque,

Posted by Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cy...@pcotech.fr>.
It works again, cool !