Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Paul Davis <da...@apache.org> on 2011/01/28 03:13:42 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 has been released

Hello,

Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 has been released and is available for download:

	http://couchdb.apache.org/downloads.html

Changes in this release:

 * Make test suite work with Safari and Chrome.
 * Fixed animated progress spinner.
 * Fix raw view document link due to overzealous URI encoding.
 * Spell javascript correctly in loadScript(uri).
 * Fix leaking file handles after compacting databases and views.
 * Fix databases forgetting their validation function after compaction.
 * Fix occasional timeout errors after successfully compacting large databases.
 * Fix ocassional error when writing to a database that has just been compacted.
 * Fix occasional timeout errors on systems with slow or heavily loaded IO.
 * Fix for OOME when compactions include documents with many conflicts.
 * Fix for missing attachment compression when MIME types included parameters.
 * Preserve purge metadata during compaction to avoid spurious view rebuilds.
 * Fix spurious conflicts introduced when uploading an attachment after
   a doc has been in a conflict. See COUCHDB-902 for details.
 * Fix for frequently edited documents in multi-master deployments being
   duplicated in _changes and _all_docs.  See COUCHDDB-968 for details on how
   to repair.
 * Significantly higher read and write throughput against database and
   view index files.
 * Reduce lengthy stack traces.
 * Allow logging of native <xml> types.
 * Allow reduce=false parameter in map-only views.
 * Fix parsing of Accept headers.
 * Fix for multipart GET APIs when an attachment was created during a
   local-local replication. See COUCHDB-1022 for details.
 * Updated ibrowse library to 2.1.2 fixing numerous replication issues.
 * Make sure that the replicator respects HTTP settings defined in the config.
 * Fix error when the ibrowse connection closes unexpectedly.
 * Fix authenticated replication (with HTTP basic auth) of design documents
   with attachments.
 * Various fixes to make replication more resilient for edge-cases.
 * Don't trigger view updates when requesting `_design/doc/_info`.
 * Fix for circular references in CommonJS requires.
 * Made isArray() function available to functions executed in the query server.
 * Documents are now sealed before being passed to map functions.
 * Force view compaction failure when duplicated document data exists. When
   this error is seen in the logs users should rebuild their views from
   scratch to fix the issue. See COUCHDB-999 for details.

Apache CouchDB is a document-oriented database that can be queried and indexed
in a MapReduce fashion using JavaScript. CouchDB also offers incremental
replication with bi-directional conflict detection and resolution.

CouchDB provides a RESTful JSON API than can be accessed from any environment
that allows HTTP requests. There are myriad third-party client libraries that
make this even easier from your programming language of choice. CouchDB’s built
in Web administration console speaks directly to the database using HTTP
requests issued from your browser.

CouchDB is written in Erlang, a robust functional programming language ideal for
building concurrent distributed systems. Erlang allows for a flexible design
that is easily scalable and readily extensible.

Relax and prosper,

Paul J. Davis

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 has been released

Posted by Nitin Borwankar <nb...@gmail.com>.
Yay, Paul !!

Nitin

Posted by Nitin Borwankar <nb...@gmail.com>.
Yay, Paul !!

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by chang chen <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi

We are in the middle of deliver alpha version to customer, I have some
questions
to make decision is it worth to upgrade at this time-zone.

> * Fix occasional timeout errors on systems with slow or heavily loaded IO.
> * Updated ibrowse library to 2.1.2 fixing numerous replication issues.
Could someone tell me the related jira record?  I also met  time-out issue when
we pull data from remote node in couch 1.0.1.

> * Significantly higher read and write throughput against database and
>  view index files.

How much improvement is it? per my test in 1.0.1, insert 10000 docs need
#1. 10s to insert docs
#2  20s to update views.

Is there any one did the similar tests?

Thanks!