Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by dexter morgan <de...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/02 18:26:23 UTC

Re: best way to join?

Thanks, for the deeper explanation. Now i understand what you ment.
Either way, any clustering process requires calculating the distance of all
points (not between all the points, but of all of them to some relative
point). Because i'll need a clustering MR job, ill probably use it, despite
as you said, it has high probability to be correct (not 100%)...

I'll post another question regarding joining file with itself... (wheter
its using mapper-join / reducer join) , without using hive/ pig

Re: best way to join?

Posted by Ted Dunning <td...@maprtech.com>.
On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 12:26 PM, dexter morgan <de...@gmail.com>wrote:

> ... Either way, any clustering process requires calculating the distance
> of all points (not between all the points, but of all of them to some
> relative point). Because i'll need a clustering MR job, ill probably use
> it, despite as you said, it has high probability to be correct (not 100%)...

This is probably right as stated, but I think that there is confusion here.

Many people assume that each point in the training data has to have
distance computed to all centroids in the clustering.  Even this is not
true.

It is true that you have to compute distance to at least one something, but
not necessarily to all of the clusters.

Re: best way to join?

Posted by Ted Dunning <td...@maprtech.com>.

Re: best way to join?