Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Arinaya <ar...@realidea.ca> on 2004/11/18 17:35:18 UTC

Problems with client side state saving

Hi all,

I have two fairly serious problems with client side state saving right now.

1. inputCalendar does not work when renderAsPopup=true. It gives an error
about duplicate component IDs (I assume MyFaces assigns the same ID to the
input field and the associated button).

2. commandLinks nested within a dataTable -- each link is enclosed in an
h:form, one per row. This causes an error,
"'elements.data:_id22:_link_hidden_' is null or not an object", where "id22"
corresponds to the h:form(s). I assume then that I need to explicitly
declare a unique id for each of the forms. I tried using rowIndexVar on the
datatable, and it does not work.

... rowIndexVar = "i" ...

<h:form id="#{i}">...

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: #{i}

Am I doing something wrong?

Neither of these problems are an issue when state is saved on the server,
however this is not an option for me as I need the browser back button to
work as expected.

Is the issue with inputCalendar known? Has anyone worked around it?

Thanks for all your help guys.

--Arinaya