Posted to axis-tck@ws.apache.org by bu...@us.ibm.com on 2002/08/01 18:04:53 UTC

Re: Updated temp patch for jaxrpc

Lance, everything works with this new version of the TCK with 2 exceptions:

1.  The attachment test fails, but we expected this; AXIS doesn't implement
this, yet
2.  The weird NullPointerException error on the inheritedinterface test is
back.  When I recompile that Client.class file, the test works.  The
original Client.class file size is 8088.  My recompiled Client.class is
8093 (with -g.  without -g it is 7313).  I tried both the following
versions of Java:

java version "1.3.1_02"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1_02-b02)

java version "1.4.0"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.0-b92)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.0-b92, mixed mode)

Would it be acceptible to recompile that one class without change and be
able to say we pass the TCK?  Or do we have to solve this?  Actually,
doesn't Sam (or some other Apache member) have to run the TCK for it to be
'official' for Apache?  With luck, it's just my (and Rich's) environments
that evince this problem and Sam may not even see it.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

Lance Andersen <La...@sun.com> on 07/31/2002 01:14:54 PM

To:    Russell Butek/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, Sam Ruby/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc:
Subject:    Updated temp patch for jaxrpc

Hi Guys,

I have placed in your private directory an updated version of the jaxrpc
tck which includes all of the patches.  The file is
jaxrpctck-temp-a-073102.zip.

Please give this a complete go and if we are still seeing the same
success as earlier with the patch and the addons to it, this will then
become the official patch.

Regards,
Lance

Re: Updated temp patch for jaxrpc

Posted by Lance Andersen <La...@sun.com>.
Russell,

Are you using a Sun or IBM J2SE?  I dont understand why we do not see it
here.  I will follow up on what we will do...

As far as passing, Sam simply has to fill out the form (as does dims)
for jaxrpc that I sent once you are completely passing the TCK.

Regards,
Lance

Posted by Lance Andersen <La...@sun.com>.
Russell,

Can you also try running this test unmodified against the  Web Services
pack?  I do not see the error you are encountering and the class size
that is packaged in the jar matches with the compiled version.

If you are using a non Sun J2SE, could you give that a go to see?  I am
still at a bit of a loss to explain why it works in our environment (and
at least 1 other licensee that I know has run the tests) but not yours...

Thanks for your help.
Lance