Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by "James E. King III" <jk...@apache.org> on 2019/07/06 01:04:59 UTC

Erlang is not working

Unfortunately rebar3 was not in the docker container for our CI
builds, which means erlang wasn't being built at all, and it looks
like erlang is now completely broken.  Whether using OTP 20 or OTP 22,
erlang doesn't work with any of the other languages.

This can be seen in the latest pull request for CI updates:

https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/1817

It is easily reproducible inside the docker build container.
If someone who knows erlang could look into this, it would be great.
We cannot start the 0.13.0 release cycle with a regression like this.

- Jim

Re: Erlang is not working

Posted by "James E. King III" <jk...@apache.org>.
Good news, l found the issue was in the test/tests.py file, where we
set the command line options to run erlang.
After updating to rebar3 the "ebin" directory is in a different
location.  Tests are passing for me locally now.

- Jim