Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Keith Sader <ks...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/29 21:40:59 UTC

Returning to an unknown input page.

Greetings,

I've got an page that can be accessed from multiple places on the webapp.

Page 1 ---> Form Z  <--- Page2
                      ^

                 Page 3

This page needs to be context sensitive when the user hits the
'cancel' button so that he/she is returned to the previous caller.

Is there a standard way to make this sort of navigation work?  I don't
want to code items into for the form that are just to specify which
page was the original caller.

thanks,
--
Keith Sader
ksader@gmail.com

Re: Returning to an unknown input page.

Posted by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com>.
On 11/29/05, Keith Sader <ks...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I've got an page that can be accessed from multiple places on the webapp.
>

> Page 1 ---> Form Z  <--- Page2
>                       ^
>                  Page 3
>
> This page needs to be context sensitive when the user hits the
> 'cancel' button so that he/she is returned to the previous caller.

Send origin location in the link, or just store every "current"
location in the session. When you process the Cancel button, navigate
to origin.

Michael.