Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sachin Tendulkar <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2001/03/16 20:25:55 UTC

chaining of actions

Hi,
Is there is a way in struts I can chain actions
together.Like instead of going from an action to a jsp
can i call another action after I am done processing
one action?

Thanks
Vinay

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Re: chaining of actions

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Sachin Tendulkar wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there is a way in struts I can chain actions
> together.Like instead of going from an action to a jsp
> can i call another action after I am done processing
> one action?

One way would be to set up a <forward> entry that points back at the
controller servlet, rather than to a JSP page.

The example application illustrates this -- in the
"/saveSubscription" action, the "success" forward goes to
"/editRegistration.do?action=Edit" which will flow back through the
controller servlet again.

> Thanks
> Vinay

Craig