Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2020/01/10 14:27:33 UTC

Dynamic Include - proposal to remove all package exports

Hi,

While moving the Sling Dynamic Include module to use the new OSGi
annotations, I noticed that the annotation caused breaking changes,
since almost all packages are exported.

That looked suspicious to me, as I think the SDI bundle it intended to
be dropped in and configured, not reused programatically.

I propopsed dropping all package exports in [1], so that from the next
version it will not be possible to access the code at all.

If you are using the SDI bundle _and_ import code from it, please join
the conversation at [1]. There is also an open PR with the proposed
changes at [2].

I'll wait until 20/1 to merge the changes.

Thanks!
Robert

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8987