Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> on 2007/09/03 15:50:28 UTC

[jSPF] planning jSPF 0.9.5 release

Hi all,

now that dnsjava released version 2.0.5 and dnsjnio released version
0.9.8 (kindly relicensed from MPL to ASLv2!!) the 2 blocking outstanding
issues have been fixed.

Every issue in the current 0.9.5 road map is Fixed:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPF?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel

0.9.5 should be our first fully openspf compliant release and I believe
the only available SPF implementation supporting asynchronous, SEDA
based, resolution.

The asynchronous code need for sure much more testing, but this is named
0.x and not 1.x, and we need more users to find out possible problems.

Months passed since the last time I worked on the jSPF code, so I
planned to check the status in the next days to see if there is
something more to be done before a release, but I hope this is not the case.

I propose to tag/package/stage/call-the-vote for 0.9.5 in a week if
nothing else happen in the mean time.

Norman, are you going to have the time for this task? (I cannot sign
releases).

Stefano

Re: [jSPF] planning jSPF 0.9.5 release

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi Stefano,
that are great news :)

I will try to review the code too to check if we miss something. It
should be no problem for me todo the signing stuff etc..

bye
Norman

Ps: Thx for your update