Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Enrico Sorcinelli <e....@pisa.iol.it> on 2002/10/25 16:43:16 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache::SessionManager 0.04

The uploaded file
     Apache-SessionManager-0.04.tar.gz

has entered CPAN as

   file: $CPAN/authors/id/E/EN/ENRYS/Apache-SessionManager-0.04.tar.gz
   size: 11197 bytes
   md5: b6a6e234ddac1b9a4741ab0413aa3013

Changes from previous version
-----------------------------
This is a maintenance release. It fixes some problems of test suite.

+ Set '/' as default path attribute for session cookies
! Updated Makefile.PL in order to skip generation of Apache test section
  in Makefile if 'use Apache::test' fails (noticed by Jeroen Latour
  <jl...@www.arens.nl>).
! Updated t/01real.t in order to skip it if 'use Apache::test' fails.
  I've chosen simply to skip test if eval "use Apache::test" fails in
  Makefile.PL, even if I think that Apache::SessionManager hasn't a
  sense unless mod_perl :-)

Description

This package contains an Apache mod_perl module to manage HTTP sessions.
Apache::SessionManager is a mod_perl module that helps
session management of a web application. This module is a
wrapper around Apache::Session persistence framework for session data.
It creates a session object and makes it available to all other handlers
transparenlty by putting it in pnotes.

See perldoc Apache::SessionManager for module documentation and use

Any comment/criticism are welcome

	- Enrico