Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/21 14:58:33 UTC

Roller Updates

I noticed that the db upgrade step for future roller 6.1 didn't exist
yet which would cause roller (master branch) to fail during start - so i
added it (due to blacklist column renaming). (I am mostly mentioning it
here so that nobody else has to implement it in parallel)

I did also rebase everything in the mbien/roller/wip branch on top of
apache/roller/master again. The old PR63 (oldest 4 commits) is also
rebased and updated.

If there is still interest in integrating my changes it would be a good
time to do so, since merging will get harder from now on (i touched many
files). If not its fine with me too, just say so - would save me the
periodic rebasing :)

git log --oneline

1a82a4e47 (HEAD -> wip) added missing roller 6.1 db table upgrade finctionality.
05f03206e minor jsp changes.
d3316b8e2 added @Deprecated to methods which were deprecated via javadoc comments.
ae4879a46 project wide refactoring to !Collection::isEmpty.
61a6e9ff4 use EnumSet where applicable, Set.of and (synchronized) HashMap instead of HashTable.
ec2e66e7c use EnumMap where applicable, Arrays.asList() and isEmpty().
64bae5e6f removed redundant toString().
5993ee098 project wide refactoring to String isEmpty() or isBlank().
3f766b9c1 project wide @Override refactoring.
d1e6eea0b updated dependencies + added commons-text to fix deprecation of lang3.StringEscapeUtils.
f1862f7da fixed bug: custom stylesheet is never set to the StylesheetEdit.jsp action.
c589cb443 updated lucene and rome dependencies to latest version.
210c531b5 made fast path faster.
3b82684b2 fixed dusty integration tests.
8239a8d65 moved roller to log4j2.
ce48772be Wrapped all IO streams in try-with-resources so that resources won't leak anymore.
6384e8784 Set struts.convention.action.includeJars=false.
237faae51 ws-commons-util has a compile scope dependency to junit, which pulled an old junit jar into the project.
037fe73b6 upgraded apache velocity from 1.7 to 2.2.
d53b0c08e Implemented a DelegatingPasswordEncoder for up2date pw encryption and as upgrade path from legacy encodings.
26d97ffdd set x-frame policy to SAMEORIGIN.
8800c321a StrictHttpFirewall causes problems.
5b4354819 upgraded spring + spring-security from 4 to 5.
4d13416b2 upgraded spring security from 3 to 4.
c124e3b70 removed redundant synchronized map wrapper since cache is only accessed from within synchronized blocks and doesn't escape. added @Override.
6abff018b added lucene-backward-codecs dependency for index compatibility between point-release updates. updated most other dependencies to latest versions. tested on 11, 14 and 15b26.
7e3238d43 code cleanup.
b5086b98b rebuild index in background if lucene throws an IllegalArgumentException

best regards,

michael

- - -

https://mbien.dev