Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by zebra li <ze...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/22 16:10:16 UTC

failed to run php thrift hbase demo code

Hello,

I just installed the thrift 0.70 + hbase 0.90 on a ubuntu box.

I made a simple php thrift client code to scann tables in hbase.
The code can successfully create hbase table and insert rows to hbase
tables.
But, when it try to scann the inserted rows in hbase table, it just return
null object. I looked up the hbase table within shell, but found the
inserted rows were in the table. Why my php thrift client code cannot
retrieves rows from hbase table?

Here is my code in the attachment. The problem lies in  $scanner =
$client->scannerOpen( $t, "", array "entry:name") );
Please have a look.

Thanks,
Zeb

Re: failed to run php thrift hbase demo code

Posted by Zebra Zhao <ze...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I've solved the problem last night. The problem lies in the data strucutre
within the DemoClient.php code.

The the printRow function expect *only one row* as the input parameter.
However, the DemoClinet.php mistakenly take a set of rows that retrieved
from Hbase table as the input for printRow function. The printRow function
cannot handle the arrange of rows, and just simply throws out the no-object
error.

Add the foreach loop outside the printRow can solve this issue.

Best,
Zeb