Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "ashok34668@yahoo.com.INVALID" <as...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2023/04/05 09:36:27 UTC

Potability of dockers built on different cloud platforms

Hello team
Is it possible to use Spark docker built on GCP on AWS without rebuilding from new on AWS?
Will that work please.
AK

Re: Potability of dockers built on different cloud platforms

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.
The whole idea of creating a docker container is to have a reployable self
contained utility. A Docker container image is a lightweight, standalone,
executable package of software that includes everything needed to run an
application: code, runtime, system tools, system libraries and settings. The
concepts are explained in the http://sparkcommunitytalk.slack.com/ slack
under section https://sparkcommunitytalk.slack.com/archives/C051KFWK9TJ

Back to AWS, GCP use case, we are currently creating an Istio mesh for GCP
to AWS k8s fail-over using the same docker image in both gc
<https://cloud.google.com/container-registry>r and ecr
<https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonECR/latest/userguide/Registries.html>
(container registries)

 HTH

Mich Talebzadeh,
Lead Solutions Architect/Engineering Lead
Palantir Technologies
London
United Kingdom

   view my Linkedin profile