Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Janko Heilgeist <ja...@rzg.mpg.de> on 2008/04/07 17:41:24 UTC

Overriding in openejb-jar.xml

Hi,

is it possible to override the value of an <env-entry/> in ejb-jar.xml
from within the openejb-jar.xml?

I was able to google an ancient schema from 24 Aug 2003 which says:

File: incubator-geronimo/modules/core/src/schema/geronimo-ejb-jar.xsd

[...]
<xsd:element name="env-entry">
   <xsd:annotation>
     <xsd:documentation>
       Configuration for an environment entry.  Normally an env-entry
       is fully configured by the assembler in the standard ejb-jar.xml
       deployment descriptor.  However, the deployer can specify a
       value here if there was no value specified in ejb-jar.xml, or
       if the deployer wants to override the value specified there.
     </xsd:documentation>
   </xsd:annotation>
   <xsd:complexType>
     <xsd:sequence>
       <xsd:element ref="env-entry-name" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>
       <xsd:element ref="env-entry-value" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>
     </xsd:sequence>
   </xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>
[...]

But unfortunately I couldn't find a similar element in the versions 2.0
or 2.1 of the openejb-jar schemas.

Thanks, Janko

Re: Overriding in openejb-jar.xml

Posted by Janko Heilgeist <ja...@rzg.mpg.de>.
Thanks for the info, David. I've created GERONIMO-3954 as an improvement
request.

Janko

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.