Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Chen Bangzhong <ba...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/08 09:47:56 UTC

where can I find the protocol between the nodes?

For example, the protocol between the client and the namenode? the protocol
between client and datanode for transfer?

I googled, but no finding.

thanks

Re: where can I find the protocol between the nodes?

Posted by Thanh Do <th...@cs.wisc.edu>.
check it out at:

org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.ClientProtocol;

--
thanh

Re: where can I find the protocol between the nodes?

Posted by Jitendra Nath Pandey <ji...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Checkout the interfaces that different services implement.
 For example Namenode implements ClientProtocol, DatanodeProtocol and a few
more.
All these protocols should have javadoc telling about their purpose.

Data transfer between client and datanode is not over RPC protocol, rather
client sets up a socket connection and streams the data.