Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marcel Stör <ma...@frightanic.com> on 2004/09/02 00:05:07 UTC

mod_jk cutting off request params?

Hi all,

I'm confronted with a very strange problem. I've "upgraded" from Tomcat
3.2.4 to 3.3.2 (we're conservativ over here ;-)). As a result my
Apache-Tomcat connection through mod_jk is broken. Ajp12 runs on 8007
and Coyote on 8080.

If I access my app through
http://myIP:8080/mycontext/myservlet?myparam=myvalue everything works
just fine. Apache does all the SSL and virtual host stuff. So, I used to
connect through https://mysubdomain.myhost/myservlet?myparam=myvalue.
After the upgrade, myparam's value is always null i.e. it somehow get
lost while in transit between Apache and Tomcat. The servlet itself is
okay.

I've checked Apache's access.log and I can confirm that it contains
entries for /myservlet?myparam=myvalue. mod_jk does indeed forward the
request (the servlet is invoked) but doesn't seem to pass on the request
parameters. Tomcat's access log doesn't show anything as it only logs
requests made through http://myIP:8080 (why?).

Any ideas? I'm at my wits end...

Regards,
Marcel

Re: mod_jk cutting off request params?

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
I don't know of any problems with the Ajp12Connector (other than the fact
that it is old :).  It looks like it should get the query string from Apache
fine.  I also can't see why the request isn't showing up in the Tomcat
access-log.Of course, AccessLogInterceptor doesn't flush it's output by
default, but I'm assuming that's not the problem.

About the only thing I can suggest is to enable the LogEvents element in
server.xml.  This will give you way more information than you usually want,
but it may include something that will show what the problem is.

The Ajp13 protocol is better tested with TC 3.3, so if it's not too radical,
you might also try switching mod_jk to Ajp13.