Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Martin Ayotte <ma...@orthosoft.ca> on 2003/06/25 15:47:55 UTC

URL encoding problem appeared in 0.24.2

Hi folks !

I've just find a newly introduced bug :

if there "space" character in paths or files names, Svn 0.24.2 will fail
doing an update transaction, but doing the same with Svn 0.23 is working
well ...

[mayotte@sofia svn-work]$ /usr/share/bin/svn --version
svn, version 0.24.2 (r6284)
   compiled Jun 20 2003, 11:53:08

[mayotte@sofia svn-work]$ /usr/share/bin/svn co http://sofia/svn/anim
Anim
A  Anim/THR
A  Anim/THR/Animations
A  Anim/THR/Animations/3D Models
svn: RA layer request failed
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/anim/!svn/bc/1/THR/Animations/3D
Models'
svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/anim/!svn/bc/1/THR/Animations/3D Models': 404 Not
Found (http://sofia)

[mayotte@sofia svn-work]$ /usr/local/bin/svn --version
svn, version 0.23.0 (r5962)
   compiled May 20 2003, 09:53:19

[mayotte@sofia svn-work]$ /usr/local/bin/svn co http://sofia/svn/anim
Anim
A  Anim/THR
A  Anim/THR/Animations
A  Anim/THR/Animations/3D Models
A  Anim/THR/Animations/3D Models/Calibration Handle
A  Anim/THR/Animations/3D Models/Calibration
Handle/RotationaTrack_NotScale.mb
A  Anim/THR/Animations/3D Models/Calibration Handle/rotationatrack.wrl
A  Anim/THR/Animations/3D Models/Calibration Handle/RotationalTracker.mb
A  Anim/THR/Animations/3D Models/Calibration Block
A  Anim/THR/Animations/3D Models/Calibration Block/Calibration_Block.mb
A  Anim/THR/Animations/3D Models/Calibration Block/CBlockHandle.wrl
A  Anim/THR/Animations/3D Models/Calibration Block/CalibrationBlock.obj
A  Anim/THR/Animations/3D Models/Calibration Block/CBlock3.mtl
[... and checkout continue here properly...]

I've originally found the bug on Windows plateform, but as shown here,
the problem exist as well on Linux.
It seems that something have been broken in the URL encoding ... :-(

Re: URL encoding problem appeared in 0.24.2

Posted by cm...@collab.net.
Martin Ayotte <ma...@orthosoft.ca> writes:

> Hi folks !
>
> I've just find a newly introduced bug :
>
> if there "space" character in paths or files names, Svn 0.24.2 will fail
> doing an update transaction, but doing the same with Svn 0.23 is working
> well ...

(example snipped)

Hm... This should have been fixed, specifically attacked by the 0.24.2
release (it was broken in 0.24 and 0.24.1).  Are you sure your
*server* is running 0.24.2? (The fix was server-side).