Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by cib <c....@laposte.net> on 2001/09/05 20:19:16 UTC

Apidocs

Hi,
my recent mails got no success.
Maybe the object beginning with an "A" will help.

I'd like to generate an xsl from an xsp (an example of this below)
and save this it on my disk automatically (overwriting the previous one)
and use it as a transformer for requests(I already know this part).

I've found this in apidocs:
public FileSavingEnvironment(java.lang.String uri,
                             java.io.File context,
                             java.util.Map attributes,
                             java.util.Map parameters,
                             java.util.Map links,
                             java.io.OutputStream stream,
                             org.apache.log.Logger log)
                      throws java.net.MalformedURLException
Unfortunatly, I don't know any java, and all this package stuff is chinese
to me. I've read doc on xsp and logic, but I don't know at all what to do
with this FileSavingEnvironment(): where to put it, what by any means are
the parameters?

My xsp to generate my xsl shoudl be like:

<xsp:logic>
doc_ID =
<xsp-request:get-parameter name="document_ID"/>;
</xsp:logic>

<esql:connection>
 <esql:pool>notions</esql:pool>
    <esql:execute-query>
 <esql:query>SELECT * from <xsp:expression {doc_ID}/></esql:query>
 <esql:results>

<xsl:template match="<esql:get-string column='notionID'/>">
<esql:get-string column="comment"/>
<xsl:value-of select=".">
</xsl:template>

</esql:row-results>
       </esql:results>

 <esql:no-results>
 </esql:no-results>
    </esql:execute-query>
</esql:connection>

But how to make this be the stream for the FileSavingEnvironment(), that is
mystery to me.

Please, a bit of help.
An answer or a link for a tutorial that goes directly to explaining the
package stuff in apis, and how to do file management through cocoon or
simply with the jdk.

Cib
France, Bordeaux, xml and gay pride.