Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by "Manas Padegaonkar -T (mpadegao - ARICENT TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS LIMITED at Cisco)" <mp...@cisco.com> on 2014/04/04 15:29:33 UTC

ApacheStratosSingleJVM Setup Failing: Wrong Path of ActiveMq-Client-lib Under setup.sh script

root@stratos:/opt/stratos-installer# ./setup.sh -p default
default
You have selected the profile : default
user provided in conf/setup.conf is megh. If you want to provide some other user name please specify it at the prompt.
If you want to continue with megh just press enter to continue

Do you want to configure ActiveMQ [y/n]: y
In default profile CEP will be configured.

For all the questions asked while during executing the script please just press the enter button

Extracting Apache Stratos
Extracting ActiveMQ
/opt/stratos/apache-stratos /opt/stratos-installer
In repository/conf/carbon.xml
In repository/conf/jndi.properties
/opt/stratos-installer
cp: cannot stat `/opt/stratos-packs/activemq-broker-5.8.0.jar': No such file or directory

To make it work I modified the setup.sh script &

Replaced
cp -f $stratos_path/$activemq_client_lib $stratos_extract_path/repository/components/lib/

With
cp -f $activemq_path/lib/$activemq_client_lib $stratos_extract_path/repository/components/lib/

Regards
Manas..

Re: ApacheStratosSingleJVM Setup Failing: Wrong Path of ActiveMq-Client-lib Under setup.sh script

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Yes ActiveMQ jars are expected to be in packs folder. Then script will copy
it to the Stratos lib folder.

Do you get this error when the jar is is pack folder?

If somehow your modified script copy the jar to lib that it is fine.

Touched, not typed. Erroneous words are a feature, not a typo.

Posted by Isuru Perera <is...@wso2.com>.
Hi Manas,

Posted by Dinesh Bandara <di...@wso2.com>.
Hi Manas,

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 6:59 PM, Manas Padegaonkar -T (mpadegao - ARICENT
TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS LIMITED at Cisco) <mp...@cisco.com> wrote:

>  root@stratos:/opt/stratos-installer# ./setup.sh -p default
>
> default
>
> You have selected the profile : default
>
> user provided in conf/setup.conf is megh. If you want to provide some
> other user name please specify it at the prompt.
>
> If you want to continue with megh just press enter to continue
>

> Do you want to configure ActiveMQ [y/n]: y
>
> In default profile CEP will be configured.
>

> For all the questions asked while during executing the script please just
> press the enter button
>

> Extracting Apache Stratos
>
> Extracting ActiveMQ
>
> /opt/stratos/apache-stratos /opt/stratos-installer
>
> In repository/conf/carbon.xml
>
> In repository/conf/jndi.properties
>
> /opt/stratos-installer
>
> *cp: cannot stat `/opt/stratos-packs/activemq-broker-5.8.0.jar': No such
> file or directory*
>

> To make it work I modified the setup.sh script &
>

> *Replaced*
>
> cp -f *$stratos_path/*$activemq_client_lib
> $stratos_extract_path/repository/components/lib/
>

> *With*
>
> cp -f *$activemq_path/lib*/$activemq_client_lib
> $stratos_extract_path/repository/components/lib/

copying ActiveMQ jars form where it installed is working fine when you are
configuring default profile. According to the script ActiveMQ jars are
supposed to be in packs folder because when you are using default profile
with pre-configured ActiveMQ or multi node environment (different profiles
in multiple nodes) we can not copy it form ActiveMQ installation directory.

Now we have changed installation script a bit since we have bundled above
ActivMQ client jars into stratos pack . Please refer to the "*Single JVM
installation guide*" dev@ thread with latest single JVM installation guide

> Regards
>
> Manas..

Thanks.