Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Xudaquan <xu...@yahoo.cn> on 2009/11/11 16:21:56 UTC

How to reclaim disk space?

  Hello, I meet a problem describe below when I use jackrabbit:

  when I add nodes to the repository,this size of some files in de diretory 'jackrabbit\workspaces\default\db\seg0'  increase incessantly, but after stop adding nodes to the repository, I remove all nodes I added, all the sizes of files in diretory 'jackrabbit\workspaces\default\db\seg0'  remain the same.  so the disk space jacerabbit use cann't release.

how to solve this problem?

thanks!

  好玩贺卡等你发,邮箱贺卡全新上线!
http://card.mail.cn.yahoo.com/

Re: How to reclaim disk space?

Posted by Thomas Müller <th...@day.com>.
Hi,

How big is this directory?

By default, Jackrabbit uses Apache Derby to persist data. This directory
belongs to the embedded Apache Derby databases. There is a way to compact
Derby databases, however you would need implement this yourself. I found the
link to the Apache Derby documentation:

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.5/ref/ref-single.html#rrefaltertablecompress

Regards,
Thomas