Posted to user@struts.apache.org by orshoe <or...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/07 21:37:27 UTC

Struts 2 Dojo tld struts-dojo-tags issue for Ajax validation

Hi,
I am trying to set up Struts 2 ajax-validation for my application, but the
application is not finding the struts-dojo-tags tld. Can anyone tell me
where I can find the tld jar, or if there is a dojo plugin for struts2 that
is shipped separately from the core. I am using Struts 2.0.9, and Freemarker
code in my view. I am getting the following error trace:
Could not find webapp resource /struts-dojo-tags
The problematic instruction:
----------
==> assignment: sx=JspTaglibs["/struts-dojo-tags"] [on line 3, column 1 in
WEB-INF/decorators/main.jsp]
----------

Java backtrace for programmers:
----------
freemarker.template.TemplateModelException: Could not find webapp resource
/struts-dojo-tags
	at freemarker.ext.jsp.TaglibFactory.loadTaglib(TaglibFactory.java:423)
	at freemarker.ext.jsp.TaglibFactory.access$300(TaglibFactory.java:105)
	at freemarker.ext.jsp.TaglibFactory$Taglib.load(TaglibFactory.java:401)
	at freemarker.ext.jsp.TaglibFactory.get(TaglibFactory.java:158)
	at
freemarker.core.DynamicKeyName.dealWithStringKey(DynamicKeyName.java:136)
	at
freemarker.core.DynamicKeyName._getAsTemplateModel(DynamicKeyName.java:94)
	at freemarker.core.Expression.getAsTemplateModel(Expression.java:89)
	at freemarker.core.Assignment.accept(Assignment.java:90)
	at freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:196)
	at freemarker.core.MixedContent.accept(MixedContent.java:92)
	at freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:196)
	at freemarker.core.Environment.process(Environment.java:176)
	at freemarker.template.Template.process(Template.java:232)
	at
org.apache.struts2.sitemesh.FreeMarkerPageFilter.applyDecorator(FreeMarkerPageFilter.java:159)
	at
org.apache.struts2.sitemesh.TemplatePageFilter.applyDecorator(TemplatePageFilter.java:113)
	at
com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:62)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)

Re: Struts 2 Dojo tld struts-dojo-tags issue for Ajax validation

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
The dojo plugin will be available on version 2.1 which has not been
released yet. To do ajax validation on the 2.0.x family you would have
to use DWR.

regards
musachy