Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net> on 2012/08/23 20:13:37 UTC

FlexUnit Location

FlexUnit is almost ready to be given to this project. So, now the questions...

Where should it live? Right now it is in GitHub and has a rich history there. Do we need to move it into SVN here temporarily/permanently? If yes, where.... If no, well, then what?

Mike

Re: FlexUnit Location

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Jeff Conrad <je...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's definitely possible to go from Git to Git and preserve your change
> history.
>
> It's also definitely possible to go from SVN to Git and preserve history.
>
> ...and apparently it's possible to go from Git to SVN and preserve history.
>  http://sandrotosi.blogspot.com/2010/02/migrate-git-repo-to-svn-one.html
>
> Jeff

Looks like the git to svn process comes with a bunch of caveats.  And it
does not import tags.  I see that the flexunit github repo has a bunch of
tags.

Given the complexity of this process, I think waiting till we move to Git
and then bring in FlexUnit from GitHub makes more sense.  Maintaining the
github history of FlexUnit would be beneficial.

Re: FlexUnit Location

Posted by Jeff Conrad <je...@gmail.com>.

RE: FlexUnit Location

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.

Re: FlexUnit Location

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Michael A. Labriola <
labriola@digitalprimates.net> wrote:

> FlexUnit is almost ready to be given to this project. So, now the
> questions...
>
> Where should it live? Right now it is in GitHub and has a rich history
> there. Do we need to move it into SVN here temporarily/permanently? If yes,
> where.... If no, well, then what?
>
> Mike

What is your recommendation?

I think moving it to SVN along with the rest of the code makes sense.   If
the move is made before we switch over to Git completely, it will make
things easier during the transition.

Thanks,
Om