Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2002/09/14 00:21:06 UTC

Showstoppers on 2.0.41

I see two blocking issues, based on STRIKER_2_0_41_PRE2

One is an absolute must... gotta push back apr-util/include/apu.hw
to rev 1.10 or we don't build on win32.

The other is a nice-to-have with "no excuses"(R)...  reverse the -c flag
for the htpasswd (and htdigest et al?) support utilities.  How many
versions in a row can we release broken versions of such a simple utility?

Bill

Re: Showstoppers on 2.0.41

Posted by Peter Van Biesen <pe...@vlafo.be>.
Hi,

I finally got the time to compile 2.0.43; the problem is solved !

Thanks to all those who searched an found memory leaks !!

Peter.

Re: Showstoppers on 2.0.41

Posted by Peter Van Biesen <pe...@vlafo.be>.

RE: Showstoppers on 2.0.41

Posted by Brian Pane <br...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 2002-09-14 at 10:46, Bill Stoddard wrote:

> There have been some mod_cache, cache_storage, mod_disk_cache and
> mod_mem_cache fixes which would be nice to pick up in 2.0.41

+1

Brian

Re: Showstoppers on 2.0.41

Posted by Brian Pane <br...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 15:21, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> I see two blocking issues, based on STRIKER_2_0_41_PRE2
>
> One is an absolute must... gotta push back apr-util/include/apu.hw
> to rev 1.10 or we don't build on win32.
>
> The other is a nice-to-have with "no excuses"(R)...  reverse the -c flag
> for the htpasswd (and htdigest et al?) support utilities.  How many
> versions in a row can we release broken versions of such a simple utility?
>
> Bill

A couple of others:
  * 2.0.41 should include the fix for disabling native atomics
    on Sparcs (apr/include/apr_atomic.h 1.36, which is one rev
    newer than the STRIKER_2_0_41_PRE2 tag).
  * If anybody has a memory leak test case that still appears
    under _PRE2, please speak up soon!

-Brian

> I see two blocking issues, based on STRIKER_2_0_41_PRE2
>
> One is an absolute must... gotta push back apr-util/include/apu.hw
> to rev 1.10 or we don't build on win32.

Well, that's not a problem.  I'll take that into account for the final
tag.

> The other is a nice-to-have with "no excuses"(R)...  reverse the -c flag
> for the htpasswd (and htdigest et al?) support utilities.  How many
> versions in a row can we release broken versions of such a simple utility?

Point taken.

Sander