Posted to commits@couchdb.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2011/02/24 20:36:10 UTC

[Couchdb Wiki] Update of "DumpOracleDbToCouchDbPython" by DougShawhan

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Couchdb Wiki" for change notification.

The "DumpOracleDbToCouchDbPython" page has been changed by DougShawhan.
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/DumpOracleDbToCouchDbPython?action=diff&rev1=7&rev2=8

  = Unique Values in SQL Table Converted to Individual Documents =
- Cro-Magnon simple python script which will take the contents of an SQL table and place it into CouchDB.
+ Cro-Magnon simple python script which will take the contents of an SQL table and place it into CouchDB. A somewhat better version can be found at https://github.com/lysdexia/Oracle2CouchDB

  This particular example depends on the SQL table having one unique field. The values in the unique field become individual documents in the CouchDB database.

@@ -17, +17 @@

  # Simply figure out which db you wish to import from, and a series of tables,
  # with unique fields you'd like to have them
  # indexed by, put them into the list of tuples below and let fly.
- # I store all my config stuf in an ini file locally.  you'll have to handle
+ # I store all my config stuff in an ini file locally.  you'll have to handle
  # your own connection to your db.
  # This is pretty quick-and-dirty and I don't reccomend it for any sort of
  # production anything at all! :-)
  # Should work for any db api 2 compliant sql database.
  # Script guaranteed 100% slower than christmas.
+ # There is a somewhat better version at https://github.com/lysdexia/Oracle2CouchDB

  db_name = 'mydatabase'
  table_names = [ ('TABLE_NAME0', 'UNIQUE_FIELD'),