Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tal Dayan <ta...@zapta.com> on 2001/10/17 17:04:05 UTC

How to set Tomcat 4 access log pattern

The default access log pattern of Tomcat 4.01 is 'COMMON' (see
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.java and Constants.java).

Is there a way to configure Tomcat to use the COMBINED pattern or a user
specified pattern ?

It seems that Tomcat has all the capability internally
but I could not figure out how to set it our without recompiling
AccessLogValve.java.

We need to have the host name in the log because our server runs many
virtual hosts.

Thanks,

Tal

RE: How to set Tomcat 4 access log pattern

Posted by Tal Dayan <ta...@zapta.com>.
Wow! I could not hope for more ;-)

Thanks,

Tal