Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Pete Kelly <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/28 01:16:02 UTC

not intended for this build of Perl?

I got the following attempting to install
Apache-AuthenSmb from
http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cgi-bin/ppmserver?urn:/PPMServer

PPM> install Apache-AuthenSmb
Install package 'Apache-AuthenSmb?' (y/N): y
Installing package 'Apache-AuthenSmb'...
Error installing package 'Apache-AuthenSmb': Read a
PPD for 'Apache-AuthenSmb',
but it is not intended for this build of Perl
(MSWin32-x86-multi-thread)

I got the Perl (v5.6.1) executable from ActiveState
How do I determine the required build of Perl?

Thanks,

Pete

Yahoo! Movies - coverage of the 74th Academy Awards�
http://movies.yahoo.com/

Re: not intended for this build of Perl?

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Pete Kelly wrote:

> I got the following attempting to install
> Apache-AuthenSmb from
> http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cgi-bin/ppmserver?urn:/PPMServer
>
> PPM> install Apache-AuthenSmb
> Install package 'Apache-AuthenSmb?' (y/N): y
> Installing package 'Apache-AuthenSmb'...
> Error installing package 'Apache-AuthenSmb': Read a
> PPD for 'Apache-AuthenSmb',
> but it is not intended for this build of Perl
> (MSWin32-x86-multi-thread)

Actually, we don't have this package in our repository
on theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca; ActiveState does, but only
for i686-linux-thread-multi. I'll try to look into
making one up for Win32.

best regards,
randy kobes