Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Alexander Chekmarev <ch...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/02 13:17:25 UTC

buildbot for CouchDB (Windows)

Hello,

I've been doing attempts to run CouchDB on Windows and it started
successfully, with futon, on my Windows XP. I've guided by manuals on wiki
and instructions on the author's site
http://www.brunomlopes.com/software/couch-db-binaries. However, I had to do
a lot of things(most of them are trivial, but taking time) before it
installed. I checked out couchdb trunk and currently I'm trying to build it
with linux autotools using cygwin, mingw(results are coming soon). The
possible installators on windows could be(coming for free):
   -NSIS(Nullsoft Scriptable Installer System) from winamp's developers
   -WiX(from Microsoft with Common Public License)
   -Inno Setup (also possible but less desirable)
all installers listed here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_installation_software#Microsoft_Windows

erlang is available for windows(they say, however, it is not supported
multicore systems(SMP))
OpenSSL is also available, but requires VS 2008 redistributable
spidermonkey works through cygwin

gnuwin32.sourceforge.net contains autoconf,m4,sed for windows so we can use
it
work here will be related to modifying current build files(makefiles and
config) in linux format for win32 using, there are differences(in path
format for example, where used ';' instead of ':' and so on)
once we installed all linux tools(including compiler) to windows, it is easy
to produce info for build script in format of one installer ftom the list
above.

Produced installer should probably support native language.

Regards,
 Alex