Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com> on 2013/01/21 11:26:42 UTC

FTP Server for Sling

Hi all,

Over the weekend I have created an FTP Server for Sling [1]. It uses Apache Mina FTP Server internally exposing the Sling Resource Tree as the file system. As such, it just uses the Resource API.

Except for the User Management part: Here the Jackrabbit User Management is used. In a plain installation with the Jackrabbit Server bundle, this works great.

I think we could move that from my white board [1] to either the contrib folder or the main bundle area.

WDYT ?

How to use: Compile and deploy and then create configuration -- The FTP Server requires configuration to be active. Default values for users are in the configuration. Some values (like general ability to login, throughput) can be configured on a per-user basis.

Regards
Felix

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/whiteboard/fmeschbe/ftpserver

Re: FTP Server for Sling

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
I think contrib is the place to go - the idea behind main and contrib
is, that bundles in main are the ones we as a community are able to
support for a long time - so I guess this boils down to the point that
we have more than one committer working on this stuff.

Not a very strict rule, but I think new stuff should always go to
contrib first - we can easily move it later without requiring to
change packages or project coordinates etc.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: FTP Server for Sling

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
Hi,

Re: FTP Server for Sling

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com> wrote:
> ...I think we could move that from my white board [1] to either the contrib folder or the main bundle area....

Cool! I'd say contrib as there are no automated tests AFAICS.

-Bertrand