Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ramesh Nadupalli <na...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/31 04:22:12 UTC

[users@httpd] Multiple authencation prompts

Hello,

I am using apache to host iOS related applications. I have integrated
apache with our internal LDAP. When I try to access on a desktop it
prompts for password only once. Where as in apple devices its
prompting multiple times (I use plist). If the app consists of 4
files, it prompts for password for 4 times.Can you please recommend a
better way to handle this?

Thanks
Ramesh

Re: [users@httpd] Multiple authencation prompts

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On 01/03/2014 03:51 AM, Jan Vávra wrote:
> Hello,
>   I have observed that browsers cache http basic authentication
> credentials for the first word after the hostname in a url.
>   Eg. Caches credentials for http://hostname/word1/.../... and
> requires inputting creadentials again for http://hostname/word2/.../...
>
>   So you can try move your authenticated content under one *word*
> (subtree). Move it from  / to /word. Or all content from subtree of
> /word move as a direct children of /word.

This certainly shouldn't be true for a correct browser. They should
cache per authrealm, not per directory or URI subpath.

It would be really helpful to see your authentication configuration,
along with the URIs of the specific resources in question.

--Rich

> Jan.
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I am using apache to host iOS related applications. I have integrated
>> apache with our internal LDAP. When I try to access on a desktop it
>> prompts for password only once. Where as in apple devices its
>> prompting multiple times (I use plist). If the app consists of 4
>> files, it prompts for password for 4 times.Can you please recommend a
>> better way to handle this?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Ramesh

Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com
http://rcbowen.com/

Re: [users@httpd] Multiple authencation prompts

Posted by Nadupalli Ramesh <na...@gmail.com>.
From the desktop browser it prompts only one time, this behavior observed only on iPhone or Apple devices.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Jan Vávra <va...@602.cz>.
Hello,

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Multiple authencation prompts

Posted by Nadupalli Ramesh <na...@gmail.com>.
Can you please tell me, which directive's to use for excluding the images?

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Andrew Schulman <an...@alumni.utexas.net>.

Posted by Ramesh Nadupalli <na...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Andrew for the info. Will check with our team.

Posted by Andrew Schulman <an...@alumni.utexas.net>.