Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by soham sardar <so...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/31 14:13:38 UTC

sqoop problem

I am trying install sqoop in my lappy but there are some problems with the
installation of hue :

 I m importing some data from mysql into hive and as per the end result it
has been impoerted and even the file  part-m-00000 contains all the data
that is imported but i m still not sure wether the data is actually being
imported because when i look at the result on my terminal it says
transferred 0 bytes in 3.13 secs so is it really importing and is there any
way to access and run queries on the data present in hive  ???

I would be greatful with some kind of assistance :)

Re: sqoop problem

Posted by Bejoy KS <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sodham

You just need to get into the hive prompt and issue queries on the corresponding table name. Hive queries are pretty much similar to SQL queries.

hive;
hive> Select count(*) from <table name>;
Regards
Bejoy KS